4/09/2006

WHAT IS ROSAMARINHA?

Rosa Marinha is the name of my grandmother

RosaMarinha is also the name that I gave to the idea of embroidering T-shirts with words. I will select the words and my mother will embroider the T-shirts.

The embroider T-shirts will be available in every color and every size. The words are for now in English, French and Portuguese. All the T-shirts are new.

As you can imagine it will take moreless five days to embroider a T-shirt so I will put pictures in the blog when they are ready to go.

I´m available to send them to any place in the world.

It is possible to embroider a T-shirt in the size that you want and with the words you decide.

My name is Sergio and if you want to talk with me please send me an e-mail to rosamarinha@gmail.com.

SEE YOU !

please see some T-shirts above

The embroidering I use is based on the Portuguese 'Lencos dos Namorados', which means 'Lovers' Handkerchiefs'. History says this tradition comes from the XVIII century, when girls used to embroider sentences or poems in handkerchiefs and give them as a gift to their beloved. The boy would say yes to romance with the girl by wearing the handkerchief in public. That was the sign. Like saying 'love is in the air', XVIII century version.

2 Comments:

Blogger mariannegreen said...

Gostei da ideia. Parabéns.
Devias levar as tuas obras de arte até várias lojas. Recomendo-te a loja de roupa no bar BAZAR, no Porto. E lá pedes outros contactos. Boa sorte.

marianne.

p.s - Grande homenagem à tua avó!

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola, Sergio.
Buena suerte con tu estupenda idea.
Me gusta mucho, te voy a encargar una para mi ya y algunas más par mis amigos (hablamos off the record. OK?)

Abrazos fuertes, marinho de todas as aguas.

JuanJo desde Madrid
www.reinicio.net

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home